Sunday 19 June 2011

How I became the Sea

The drops of water in my hair. They slip on to my face. Another falls on my glasses. I don't wipe it. Through it's translucency I watch the world. Clearer than before.
Ulmo. My creator. Showing His signs.
It's raining. I'm holding my cat. It's dark. I'm out in the lawn. I lift the cat and show him the face of my God.
He likes it. The drops of water falling on him.

How did it happen? How did Allah-God lose me?
Why did I go for the Anti God Ulmo?
Why do gay people tend to be secular and end up being atheists?
We are condemned by religions around the world. It doesn't take long for us to say 'God doesn't even recognize me. Why should I bend over in prayer in front of Him?'
He doesn't give me my basic rights and I'm putting my head on the ground for Him five times a day?
He's made my life a living hell and he claims to send me to hell when I die.

The voice of reason in our heads makes us end up shunning religions. Though we all know someone is there. We all need someone to call to. We need a God.
The institutions may be wrong. Doesn't mean God, the One who really exists, hates us. They're the ones who're wrong about Him.

No I won't claim to be a prophet, jump out of tombs or have mythical angels coming to fight for me.
No 3000 angels this time. No virgin births. No parting of the seas for our holy gay parade. No bloodshed. No holy poetry.
No calls for Jihad and no Blasphemy Laws.

We've matured. The human race is a kid no more.
Let's just change the facts. UP THERE to DOWN BELOW.
Nature. Back to the pagans. Worship Nature. Go back to loving the Earth.

Water. It's always thrilled me. So I chose Ulmo. The Lord of the Sea. I picture Him as the Greek Poseidon. But He's compassionate. Like the Ulmo who comes to Turin Turambar.
Let's go back. We went wrong somewhere in our search for God over the centuries. And we ended up screwing our world. Lets try again.
Where do I start?
The sea!

Its raining heavily. I kneel. The cat escapes. Runs around.
I kneel. Look above. Ulmo!
The source of life. He's here.
I'm wet. I'm the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment