Monday 20 June 2011

Love at school. Bullying at home.

2001
Class 6
I'm in love with my best friend.
I don't know anything about sex. I just love him. The young childhood crushes before you can understand what's it all about. It was that kind of feeling.
I used to write my feelings onto pieces of paper. I used to cut them in heart shapes. I had his picture in a hand made heart frame.
My sister. A year older than me found one of those pages. Showed them to my mom and came to me to gloat about it. I didn't give much concern to it.
Until that day in 2008 when we had a fight over something, she couldn't get admission in a medical college while I did.
She shouted at me 'You won't even get past the medical check up before the admission.' (indirectly calling me a fag)
I hurt me really bad.
My own sister bullying me for being what I was.

It was then that I decided to stay apart from my family. I shouldn't have my happiness depend on them.
I'm too different.
Too far from being their perfect son.
I moved to the hostel a few months later.
Coming home every other week. And for a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment